4) INITIAL TARGET AUDIENCE

TARGET AUDIENCE


Now that I know my product is going to be Horror/Thriller genres, I know what my target audience will be very specifically. From researching and learning about the Horror and Thriller genres I compiled a list of what my target audience will be like. 



OVERVIEW: Mainly younger generation (Ages 18-25) Specifically outgoing and lively people who like to experience adrenaline through fear. Its natural for us to seek adrenaline rush...

  • Dominant male gender. Male viewers will follow the two main characters which are male, inspired by them and relate to them. Males could possibly bring their partners along broadening target audience. Stereotypically males like more action, in this case violence, swearing, weapons and shocks.
  • Students. College, part time jobs, nightclubs, TV, music, curious, daring, fast food – Typical student lives.
  • Mainly ages 18 to 25. The younger adult to lower middle-aged. 18 viewing certificate means only people 18 and over can watch film. Main audience will be the younger adult. Lively people are students.
  • Main stream. Fits with mainstream genres; Horror/Thriller, popular genres.
  • Working class/Lower middle social status. People who like to go to cinema regularly after college, on weekends, after work. (Students are classed as middle class)

This is what my target audience at the current time. I will be doing research into my target audience through qualitative and quantitative research, (questionnaires and focus groups) which means my target audience could change depending on what the viewers want and like. If my target audience is accurate it will not change much.


No comments:

Post a Comment