17) ARRANGING SETTING/LOCATION

SETTING & LOCATION

For my product I wanted a location which had the following attributes:

  • Film based around one specific location.
  •  Spooky, weary, desolate and haunted.
  •  Surrounded by moors, fields and trees to help isolate.
If I could find a location which comes under the headings above, this would be very similar to the locations for my inspirational texts and therefore would make a good setting for a horror/thriller film, and my product, a trailer.
I had a look around the internet and found a location...

The Jamaica Inn

j        I had chose to go to the Jamaica Inn located cornwall. It seemed the perfect location for the reasons above. Having researched this place, I had found it was apparently the most haunted place to stay in the UK and its surroundings were perfect. Tall trees and moors to help capture the desolate atmosphere. As you can see from the picture below.

This is the place where I would capture all of my footage for my trailer and photographs for my movie poster and website homepage.

Below are the booking details and arrangements for the trip to the Jamaica Inn.



This was the email I sent to the hotel to enquire.

This is the reply I got from my enquiry.


Below are the booking details for the hotel.


Now all I needed to do was to arrive and capture my filming for my media product.

No comments:

Post a Comment