30) SIMPSONS TASK

SIMPSONS TASK

Through using material from the Simpsons movie I practise the use of different software programs like photoshops, after effects and premiere pro...

I already knew how to use photoshop extensively so I made some very detailed notes to highlight how to use it. These are below.




But to practise how to use photoshop to add to my research I created a poster using a brief. This was useful for reinforcing my skills for composition and layout, and to prepare for my real ZERO HOUR poster. 

Above is the Simpsons poster i created on photoshop...


Above is the feedback I got from the poster...

To practise using premiere pro and after effects there was a similar task. I did not know as much on this software as I did for photoshop so I had to learn.

A large part of my learning was Simpsons task practise.

Below are premiere pro tools.


The tools on after effects are basically the same. The link below is to a website which I learned a lot from and i kept on going back to when I was having trouble...



Below is my Simpsons trailer, the task was more about practising how to use the certain software, but I was also thinking about how to construct a trailer. One thing that was a constant problem was the time aloud on the trailer. It was very difficult to make a decent trailer from 30 seconds long. With real films, videos that are 30 seconds long are promotion videos and feature one clip, a tiny glimpse, but this had to be a trailer. 


This was all done on Premiere Pro. So it made very good practise, I learned a lot from doing this task. I learned how to set up a document to the correct size, how to use all of the tools and panels which add effects and manage your clips, and exporting the sequence to create a file properly.

To practise After Effects, I also did this below...




I already knew how to use this software but this was good practise and preparation for my real product and it got me thinking about how to construct a trailer.


For my website, there was a task including the Simpsons but it used adobe dreamweaver and I decided to create my website using adobe flash. My flash practise was from following tutorials on the website linked above. Extremely useful website for learning adobe software!


No comments:

Post a Comment